Preventiimi’s target group has comprised of all professionals who are affected in some way by substance use prevention in their work. This includes personnel whose duties include working with young people in municipalities, the third sector, in educational establishments and in congregations. Our target group has also included personnel involved in the planning and development of substance use prevention in various organisations.
Preventiimi’s long-term objectives have been:
- Offer courses and further education nationally for personnel who come into contact with young people or who work with issues relating to young people as part of their job
- Increase knowledge and understanding about substance use prevention activities and substance education within the youth sector
- Co-ordinate a national network
- Actively develop substance prevention in the youth sector, promote professional discussions in the sector and co-ordinate information
- Promote approaches to preventive work as a whole within the youth sector
Preventiimi’s further training
Preventiimi has arranged further education courses on various topics. For most of the courses, the participants have been awarded credit points at university level. The further education has been arranged both in the form of tutorials and as online studies.
You can find more information about our further training in Finnish here.
You can find our publications, links to methods and knowledge about substance use prevention within the youth sector in English here.
In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.